We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 77,000 passionate people, over 1,300 stores and operating in 9 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. That’s where you come in.
You will be part of a development team that is creating and evolving a core API layer that is the backbone of our most important channels and routes to market. You will be involved in the full lifecycle of API delivery, from writing RESTful services for front end feature teams, to the operation of API services in production. Not only will you be crafting reusable assets that can be consumed by many consumers, but empowering other feature teams to build and contribute to the Engineering organisation’s API economy. This is an opening for someone who is seeking to exercise best-practice development over our integration estate. You will gain phenomenal experience working among hardworking individuals on high-profile programmes, as well as the opportunity to continue your learning and development.As an API developer you will have to:
- Work with the development team and Technical Analysts, to contribute to the detailed design of solutions.
- Work as part of multi-functional feature teams to develop, support microservices, tackle problems and determine solutions.
- Proactively identify dependencies and impediments, working with the Scrum Master and multi-functional teams to remove them.
- Collaborate with integration developers to build APIs, and to continually improve the quality of our existing APIs.
- Continually evolve the engineering landscape through continuous improvement and by helping deliver the Integration Strategy.
- Ensure code and design quality through the execution of Test-Driven Development and Peer Programming.
- Develop with experience crafting microservices within an enterprise, with significant data, users and volumes
- Experience using API Gateway technologies
- Operate in a dev-ops environment and deliver software through an automated pipeline
- Deliver software using agile methodologies (eXtreme Programming, Scrum, TDD, code refactoring)
- Implement software following Object Oriented Programming as well as APIs and policies
- Hands-on development experience with Java 8 (minimum) and Spring Boot
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins
- Experience using Git as source control
This is a great opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!