We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
As a Tech Lead you lead from the front and are sought-after for technical guidance from across our teams. Over time you will gain a depth of knowledge in the major components of our technology stack and hold technical ownership of your assigned components. Whilst you will be operating at a senior level, we still expect you to be very hands on and a significant contributor to the teams that you work with on a day-to-day basis.
Everyday activities include:
- Lead on and advocate best in class architectural standards, engineering methodologies, as well as Kingfisher’s engineering principles
- Define and implement software architectural quality attributes, such as: performance, reliability, availability, scalability, supportability
- Work alongside Solution Architecture, to evaluate and make technical decisions to shape high-level solution designs
- Take high-level solution designs and translate into a technology roadmap that can be digested and delivered by teams
- Provide recommendations on application designs, analysing design specifications and validating them with engineering teams
- Collaborate and produce clear direction to the engineering teams on the implementation of new systems and features
- Ensure detailed application designs support Kingfisher technological strategy
- Work alongside our Infrastructure teams to help drive our infrastructure designs
- Drive engineering teams to ensure they release frequently and automatically through pre-production to production.
- Continually review projects and work, taking learnings from them to educate, coach and mentor peers.
- Create and maintain accurate technical documentation
- Lead the discussion of technical requirements with subject matter experts and end users (both technical and non-technical)
- Own and continually strive for resolution of technical debt within software delivery teams
- Own and continually strive for resolution of open incidents (within agreed SLA’s) with the technologies that you own
- Proactively contributes to internal and external communities
- Proven at operating effectively at both a strategic level to inform IT architecture and at detailed level to support product development
- A track record of ownership and creating major improvements in large scale business-critical systems around stability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Responsibility for the technical direction of major areas of a technology stack
- Experience in leading on the resolution of deep technical challenges through cross-team working and communication
- Excellent ability to influence and bring people on a journey
- Experienced in helping teams become more productive and ship quality work
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!