*This role is based remotely, with the long-term requirement to work flexibly from one of our Head Offices when required (we have offices based in Southampton, Yeovil and Paddington).
We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 78,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Your in-depth knowledge of our organisation enables you to go beyond building applications that just meet business requirements, but you are operating at a level where you are consistently identifying areas for future work and really are the driving force behind our applications evolving.
You will seek evidence/facts to support your ideas and build cases for everyone to get onboard with, whilst operating with confidence. You contribute to the common code bases and standards for your team and wider engineering principles, as well as following Object Orientated Design and SOLID principles.
Not only do you contribute to these assets, but you communicate, and lead by example so your peers are adhering to these methods and we are collectively creating high-quality code. TDD is at the heart of how you write code, always striving for automated testing and constantly identifying and creating new automated test cases. Naturally with all software engineering roles there may also an aspect of out of hours technical support of our production systems.
- Working in a feature team with delivery leads, scrum masters, solution architects, technical leads, software engineers, analysts, and testers in a collaborative environment delivering business value.
- In your agile engineering team, pair programme with other software engineers.
- Use TDD to develop scalable and maintainable applications.
- Writing code that adheres to Object Orientated Programming and SOLID principles, that ensures we are writing high quality code
- Assist with the continual deployment of our applications into a production environment and provide support for these applications.
- Through your work you will gain an understanding of our business processes to help ensure that the solutions you deliver meet customer needs.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of programming through building quality, performant, and secure solutions.
- Proactively contributes to bug fixing and maintaining applications, whilst always striving to reduce technical debt in the process.
- Has the ability to interpret our digital strategy and can help us drive us towards our goals when crafting solutions
- Has the ability to influence others, both inside and outside of their team.
- Has the ability to build lasting and collaborative relationships both inside and outside of their team and can build buy in for technical decisions.
- Can make pragmatic decisions, identifies risks, trade-offs and alternative solutions to be considered
- Able to clearly communicate scope and progress, and share roadblocks being faced currently and anticipating future roadblocks.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!