We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the top tier home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher is an exciting, inspiring place to be. We establish the strategy that leads the business. We drive innovation to inspire our customers. We set the tone of our global business. It can be exciting, but that goes hand in hand with the ability to make a difference – to the business, to the many people around the world that work for us, and to our customers
As a Kingfisher Service Designer, you will use your creative skills in the delivery of design solutions for several digital services, products and features. With a wide and exciting remit, there is the opportunity to work on services and products from conception through to feature and component delivery.
You will be a part of a multi-disciplined team that deliver innovative and high crafted experiences to our customers, working collaboratively with other Service Designers, Product Designers, Design Researchers, Product Owners, Solutions Architects and Developers.
Day to day you’ll be working with Design Leads and your team to build, test and refine ideas. You’ll be producing results in a fast-paced environment, with a focus on Lean delivery, in order to learn and iterate.
We are looking for someone that …
- You take ownership and responsibility for your work
- You are a self-starter who finds opportunities and potential problems
- You are able to adapt and thrive in a constantly evolving environment
- You are Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn, staying up to date with new technologies, industry and design trends
- You are naturally collaborative and curious, happy to challenge established thinking and promote new insights
- You're a strong storyteller and presenter, keen to represent your own thinking
- Who gives and receives quality feedback in equal measures
- Is strategic and detailed when navigating ambiguity
- proven experience crafting services and user interfaces for consumer products and experiences that exist in the real world
- Consider how your work relates to the overall service proposition, ensuring the features and components you design are suitable, outstanding, scalable and accessible
- An advocate of the customer's voice throughout the entire design process and any outputs
- Plan, design and facilitate workshops, distil output and see opportunities and next steps, and develop the team.
- Highly confident in using software, tools and service design methods, able to establish an efficient design process and mentor others
- Excellent knowledge of user-centred methodologies and design processes and know-how to make impactful decisions.
- Conduct user research to collect qualitative and quantitative data and creatively use it to develop innovative solutions
- Comfortable with the research process, gaining and analysing customer’s pain points and identifying sweet spots for innovation
- Effectively communicate research findings, design concepts and propositions to technical and non-technical partners
- Confident in communicating your work to the team, partners and higher management and owning the way forward
- Establish excellent links and promote the value of a design-led culture across the organization, also know how to handle partners' expectations
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!