We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher has big ambitions to grow Ecommerce sales, and Digital Content is key to ensuring we grow as fast as possible. This new role is a fantastic opportunity to help shape the digital content strategy across Kingfisher, drive improvements to content and enable the Banners to increase organic traffic and on site conversion.
Reporting to the Head of Digital Content as part of the Content Centre of Excellence, you will help establish the goals and standards for digital product content and the best practice required to meet them by collaborating closely with Banners and Group teams. You will understand the value of content and its role in SEO and customer needs and will inspire change to operational practices to increase value. You will establish a measurement and audit framework to supervise performance and support prioritisation of content improvement initiatives.Responsibilities include:
- Establish clear digital content standards for the Group using a data driven approach, work with the Banners to ensure content standard methodologies are defined, detailed, and followed.
- Work with the Banner and OEB Content Teams to ensure this is reviewed and maintained and remains relevant to changing market or customer trends.
- Establish a detailed understanding of the commercial value of content in terms of its ability to influence organic traffic and sales conversion and use to drive prioritisation of objectives and initiatives across the Group.
- Work with Banner and Group UX/Design teams to prioritise content A/B testing, ensuring the value of such testing is understood and that the results drive decision making.
- Develop and implement a content efficiency measurement framework that establishes KPIs for content, supervises content value and sales opportunity lost and looks externally to benchmark and assess vs the market.
- Build and establish a content audit process to establish areas of improvements (gaps vs standards and customer needs) and use to prioritise change.
- Develop ideas and lead the implementation of a content feedback process to utilise the in-house expertise of our colleagues as well as exploring user generated feedback from customers.
- Be an agent for change and where vital, a game-changer to drive operational efficiency of content definition, collection, enrichment, and creation so that Kingfisher improves its ROI in content.
- Understand how content varies based on customer needs and where each need arises in the customer journey and incorporate into standards and value definition
- Work with Group and Banner Content teams to ensure content is modularised where possible so that it can be automatically reused (mixed and matched) to meet customer needs.
- Experience and expertise across Digital data and content subject areas, including content strategy and project management. Be able to demonstrate delivery of:
- Operational and business change with shown time, efficiency, and cost benefits
- Content optimisation programmes designed to identify and maximise value
- Measurement frameworks to deliver critical metrics and insight
- A/B testing / test & learn methodologies
- Confirmed experience of delivery within an e-Commerce context, to drive traffic and conversion
- Experience of working in a multi-national group environment with shown success of building effective ways of working between central and local teams; aligning action plans and facilitating sharing of standard methodology across multiple remote teams
- Extensive experience of working in an agile, fast paced environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!