*This role is based remotely, with the long-term requirement to work flexibly from one of our Head Offices when required (we have offices based in Southampton, Yeovil and Paddington).
.We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of 79,000 hardworking people, call 1,302 stores home and operate in 10 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. You will play a vital role in leading engineering teams to building solutions that are scalable, quality, secure, and are built with the future in mind. You are tech savvy, hold a wealth of experience in technical leadership and system design, to tackle complex technical problems. You can take high-level business goals and architecture solution designs and translate these into a meaningful technology roadmap that can be delivered by our feature teams.
As a Tech Lead you lead from the front and are sought-after for technical mentorship from across our teams. Over time, you will gain a depth of knowledge in the components of our technology stack and hold technical ownership of your assigned components. Whilst you will be operating at a senior level, we still expect you to be a significant contributor to the teams that you work with on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead on and advocate outstanding architectural standards, engineering methodologies.
- Define and implement software architectural quality attributes, such as: performance, reliability, availability, scalability, supportability.
- Work alongside Solution and Enterprise Architecture, to evaluate and make technical decisions to craft solution designs.
- Take solution designs and translate into a technology roadmap that can be digested and delivered by teams.
- Provide recommendations on application designs, analysing design specifications and validating them with development teams.
- Collaborate and produce clear direction to the development teams on the implementation of new systems and features.
- Ensure detailed application designs support Kingfisher’s technological strategy.
- Work alongside our Infrastructure teams to help drive our infrastructure designs.
- Guide development teams to ensure they release frequently and automatically through pre-production to production.
- Review projects and work, taking findings from them to educate, coach and mentor peers.
- Lead the discussion of technical requirements with subject matter experts and end users.
- Own and continually strive for resolution of technical debt within software delivery teams.
- Understand and validate continuous improvement activities of relevant applications and service.
- Ability to operate effectively at both a strategic level to advise IT architecture and at detailed level to support product development.
- A track record of ownership and crafting major improvements in large scale business-critical systems around stability, security, performance, and scalability.
- Responsibility for the technical direction of major areas of a technology stack.
- Experience in leading on the resolution of deep technical challenges through cross-team working and communication.
- Ability to influence and bring people on a journey.
This is a great opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to grow your career. Interested? Fab, we can’t wait to hear from you. We’re committed to equal employment regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status.
- Comprehensive healthcare plans
- PTO and family leave
- Retirement plans