We’re Kingfisher. You might know us as B&Q, Screwfix, Castorama, Brico Depot or Koçtaş. We’re made up of over 79,000 passionate people, call over 1,300 stores home and operate in 8 countries. That’s right, we’re big, but we have ambitions to become even bigger and even better. We want to become the leading home improvement company and grow the largest community of home improvers in the world. And that’s where you come in.
Kingfisher has big ambitions to grow Ecommerce sales, and our digital platform is key to ensuring we grow as fast and efficiently as possible. Our brands have ambitious growth plans which rely on our ability to develop marketplace of products and services to fuel this growth. So, we want to offer our DIY and trade customers the broadest possible range of products to enable them to successfully complete more of their DIY projects.
In order to achieve this, we are building a modern, MACH based ecommerce platform that powers our banners across Europe. We’ll want to ensure that our customers can easily find what they want on our websites and apps and buy everything they require for their mission or project. You will set the vision and roadmap of how we improve the customers search and browsing journey by optimising search tools and navigation development of product bundling, configuration and design toolsets.
The findability team will be key to helping our customers make the right decisions about the products to buy for large projects or small diy tasks around their homes. You will work with the other Product teams, the Ecommerce Centre of Excellence, Engineering and Architecture, as well as our Banner Ecommerce Trading and Merchandising teams to ensure that our experience is optimised and measurably drives conversion and AOV.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
- Set the vision and roadmap for search, navigation, product information, basket builders, product configuration and design toolsets in support of our strategic ecommerce growth ambitions
- Lead and develop multiple product teams to iteratively deliver customer and commercial value .
- Establish an agile, iterative and data driven, digital mindset to drive informed decision making, experimentation and continuous improvement to prioritise and target investment and effort.
- Manage third party platform providers to partner with us to deliver our strategic roadmap and capabilities and ensure that they continue to provide value for money and compliant, easy to use tools for our ecommerce and functional teams.
- Collaborate with engineering and architecture teams to manage the three year high level roadmap and ensure that any dependencies and sequencing impacts for content capabilities are understood.
- Collaborate with the content and merchandising CoEs to enable the end to end processes for search and product findability to be governed effectively and improved continuously.
Stay connected to the external market to identify the new & emerging trends, technologies and channels which will be powering the digital content growth in future years, and share this insight back into the business
Values,Behaviours & Experience
An outstanding leader, who is able to guide others through change effectively and skilled in finding the ‘situation where everyone is happy’ outcomes - A focus on the end user and tailoring outputs so that they are simple and relevant. Making digital content easy to understand will be essential - A results-orientated leader, where adding value is very meaningful - Ability and willingness to mentor others and also learn from others - An investigative and curious mind that facilitates problem-solving activities - Ambitious outlook, a self-starter who is self-motivated, keen to share knowledge & share Ideas, insights & inspire change
- proven track record and expertise across e-commerce data and content fields, including leading strategic direction & delivery of;
- Operational change with proven time, efficiency, and cost benefits
- Content optimisation programmes crafted to identify and improve the value
- Technology change to drive up content quality and value
- Extensive, current experience of e-commerce, AI search and recommendation engines, bundling and configuration platforms, e-commerce analytics (e.g. Google Analytics or Omniture, and A/B testing.
- Experience in developing own built and configuring bought platforms in an agile, MACH environment taking a lean and iterative approach to delivering value fast.
- Experience in working with pan European or offshore teams aligning action plans and facilitating sharing of standard methodology across multiple remote teams
- Extensive experience of working in an agile, fast paced environment
This is an exciting opportunity to join our global business. In return, we provide an inspirational working environment, a competitive benefits package and opportunities to stretch and grow your career. Interested? Great, apply now!