*This role is based remotely, with the long-term requirement to work flexibly from one of our Head Offices when required (we have offices based in Southampton, Yeovil and Paddington).
We are looking for a deputy, a second in command to help support a growing team of engineers both in the UK and Europe.
We’ve got a growing team of offshore engineers as well as an onshore team in Yeovil, we need someone to give them what they need by supporting and coaching them which you'll be able to do with your in depth experience. They need servant leadership, your role is to support them and help them be the best they can be. They are the superstars, we are but the roadies and promoters! They need both individual support and higher-level support with project unblocking and supervising day to day.
We are agile, so we need you to know and LOVE this! We work as part of a large organisation, so you will be getting involved and making a difference across the business not just our site. We work within a large group and will make a difference to all parts of it, not just the local team.
Sometimes, you might need to help code
Sometimes you might need to help communicate
Sometimes you might need to work some magic
Sometimes we need to do some routine admin
- Agile methodologies, Scrum, XP etc
- Clean Code, TDD, Design patterns
- Team Leadership or Line Management
- Extensive experience of developing software for commercial organisations (retail preferred but not mandatory)
- Logical and structured approach to problem solving
- Customer facing development experience
- Modern software principles and practices, MACH, DevOps, CI/CD
- Ability to work to tight deadlines,
- Great at context switching