GA Accountant (General Accounting)
Who we are and what we create?
Kingfisher plc is an international home improvement company with approximately 1,380 stores, supported by a team of 80,000 colleagues. We operate in 8 countries across Europe under retail banners including B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt, Screwfix, TradePoint and Koçtaş. At Kingfisher, our purpose is to make home improvement accessible for everyone. In 2017 we opened a Global Business Services (GBS) Centre in Krakow, to which we are looking for candidates for the above-mentioned position.
If you are looking for a place where you can always just be yourself, you will be receiving understanding from your colleagues, and your curiosity of the world will be valued, it means that you’ve come to the right place, because we include the diversity!
You no longer need to relocate to get the benefits of working in Kraków.
But you can stick to your routine if you want to.
Join Kingfisher and work remotely.
What can we offer you?
- Private medical healthcare at LUXMED (including dentalcare) for you and your family
- Medicover sports card (Fit&More package)
- Life insurance financed by the employer
- 30-minute lunch break included in the 8-hour working day
- Work in a highly professional and stimulating atmosphere
- Training & Buddy programme that will allow you to quickly adapt to your new role
- Wellbeing programme for employees
- Co-financing of monthly tickets for the public transport in Krakow
- Comfortable working environment in the office and the possibility of home office
- Language courses, accounting courses, access to LinkedIn Learning and the possibility of co-financing studies and certification
- Employee referral programme
What will you be responsible for?
- Performing journal entry processing (ad hoc and recurring)
- Calculating and posting of accruals, provisions, prepayments
- Reconciling dedicated GL accounts, explaining, and resolving unrecognized items/balances
- Initiating required action on incorrect allocated items
- Performing Fixed Asset accounting
- Reconciling Intercompany transactions
- Ensuring month-end processes are completed accurately and according to month and year end closing schedule
- Performing Financial Master Data related activities in SAP
- Performing reporting activities using BPC and HFM
- Performing reconciliation between SAP/BPC/HFM
- Preparing regular and ad hoc reports
- Communicating with clients on a regular basis, ensuring timely and accurate responses to any client queries
- Ensuring operational and design effectiveness of the controls over financial reporting within areas of responsibility
- Ensuring proper company policies are being followed
- Supporting audit as required
- Ensuring that developed KPIs and SLAs are continuously met
- Performing other related tasks assigned by Team Manager
What do we expect from you?
- Accounting experience (min. 2 years, preferably in GA, R2R, AR, GL) and/ or accounting studies and courses
- Knowledge of accounting rules
- Very good spoken & written English (B2/C1)
- Good MS Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work within tight operational deadlines and priorities
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and team-work skills
Nice to have:
- Accounting, Finance or Business-related University degree
- French, Spanish, or Romanian language skills
- Continuous improvement initiatives and projects
To get to know us better visit: