AP Accountant (Accounts Payable)
Who we are and what we create?
Kingfisher plc is an international home improvement company with approximately 1,380 stores, supported by a team of 80,000 colleagues. We operate in 8 countries across Europe under retail banners including B&Q, Castorama, Brico Dépôt, Screwfix, TradePoint and Koçtaş. At Kingfisher, our purpose is to make home improvement accessible for everyone. In 2017 we opened a Global Business Services (GBS) Centre in Krakow, to which we are looking for candidates for the above-mentioned position.
If you are looking for a place where you can always just be yourself, you will be receiving understanding from your colleagues, and your curiosity of the world will be valued, it means that you’ve come to the right place, because we include the diversity!
You no longer need to relocate to get the benefits of working in Kraków.
But you can stick to your routine if you want to.
Join Kingfisher and work remotely.
What can we offer you?
- Private medical healthcare at LUXMED (including dentalcare) for you and your family
- Medicover sports card (Fit&More package)
- Life insurance financed by the employer
- 30-minute lunch break included in the 8-hour working day
- Work in a highly professional and stimulating atmosphere
- Training & Buddy programme that will allow you to quickly adapt to your new role
- Wellbeing programme for employees
- Co-financing of monthly tickets for the public transport in Krakow
- Comfortable working environment in the office and the possibility of home office
- Language courses, accounting courses, access to LinkedIn Learning and the possibility of co-financing studies and certification
- Employee referral programme
What will you be responsible for?
- Regular posting of invoices from suppliers
- Solving price and quantity differences
- Verification of incoming PO and Non-PO invoices
- Managing vendor enquiries
- Managing process of debit notes disputes
- Analysing and reconciling accounts
- Resolving AP-related issues in line with the Service Level Agreement
- Proposing and implementing Continuous Improvements initiatives to increase the efficiency of performed processes
- Daily involvement/cooperation with other teams
- Ensuring timely and correct completion of AP tasks
What do we expect from you?
- Accounting experience (min. 2 years) and/ or accounting studies and courses
- Knowledge of accounting rules
- Very good spoken & written English (B2/C1)
- Good MS Excel knowledge
- Working knowledge of SAP
- Ability to work within tight operational deadlines and priorities
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills
- Good communication and team-work skills
Nice to have:
- Accounting, Finance or Business-related University degree
- French, Spanish, or Romanian language skills
- Continuous improvement initiatives and projects
To get to know us better visit: